Dr Amitabha Das
Upper Gastrointestinal/Hepatobiliary Surgeon
Dr Amitabha Das
Education / Professional Qualifications
- Granted Full Fellowship Royal Australasian college of Surgeons 2007 in General surgery.
- Foundation Member of The Australian and New Zealand Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA) and The Australia and New Zealand Hepato-Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA) accreditation for Colonoscopy and Upper GI endoscopy.
- Member of General Surgeons of Australia
- Awarded Master of Surgery, University of Sydney
- Awarded M.B.,B.S. in 1999 from University of Sydney.
- Graduated Dux of Fort Street High school Sydney 1993.
Appointed as visiting medical officer in General and Upper gastrointestinal surgery to Liverpool hospital and Bankstown Hospitals. Also Appointed to St George Private, Sydney South West Private, Campbelltown Private.
Upper GI and Hepatobiliary surgery Fellow, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom, 2009
Fellow in Upper GI/HPB surgery, Sydney south west health, 2007
Hepatobiliary and upper gastrointestinal surgery fellow at Westmead Hospital, 2006
- Das A, Chang D, Biankin A, Merrett N "Pancreatitis following human papillomavirus vaccination" Medical Journal of Australia. Aug 2008
- Das A, Wilson R, Biankin AV, and Merrett ND “Surgical therapy for gastrointestinal stromal tumours of the upper gastrointestinal tract” Journal of gastrointestinal surgery : official journal of the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract 13(7):1220-5, Jul 2009
- Humphris JL, Chang DK, Johns AL, Scarlett CJ, Pajic M, Jones MD, Colvin EK, Nagrial A, Chin VT, Chantrill LA, Samra JS, Gill AJ, Kench JG, Merrett ND, Das A, Musgrove EA, Sutherland RL, Biankin AV “The prognostic and predictive value of serum CA19.9 in pancreatic cancer”Ann Oncol. 2012 Jul;23(7):1713-1722 (IF=2.27)
- Cosman PH, Chang D, Biankin AV, Das A, Merrett ND “Tumour seeding along needle biopsy tract in pancreatic cancer” ANZ J.Surg 2012: 82 (Suppl.1) HP66P; 101
- Merrett ND, Das A, Chang D, Biankin AV “Feasibility, safety and efficacy of laparoscopic resection of gastric GIST” ANZ J.Surg 2012: 82 (Suppl.1) HP40P; 94
- Lefter LP, Chang DK, Das A, Biankin AV, Merrett ND “Ruptured pseudoaneurysm of the splenic artery complicating central pancreatectomy” HPB 2011 13 (supp 3) P120 238
- Das A: Book Chapter “Medical problems of Athletes” Oxford Handbook of Sports Medicine, Oxford Univ Press, 1998 ,ISBN: 0192628909
- Microwave ablation of liver lesions, presented ANZHBA congress meeting 2012
- Das A, Apostolou C, Haveman JW, Chang DK, Biankin AV, Merrett ND “Pancreatic Visceral aneurysms : Report of 3 cases and literature review” Presented: Asia Pacific ANZHPB combined 3rd biennial congress: Melbourne sept 2011
- International Surgical Week Sept 2009, oral presentation on “Surgical management of upper GI tumours”
- Joint Royal College of Thailand and Royal Australasian college of Surgeons meeting Pattaya July 2007, oral presentaion on “New developments in Pancreatic Cancer”
- Sydney Upper GI society meeting Nov 2006, gave an invited oral presentation on “Current indications of the role of surgery in Peptic ulcer disease”
- Royal Australasian college of surgeons Annual surgical meeting 2005. poster presentation: “SMA syndrome: laparoscopic management”
- Australian Capital Territory Registrars paper day 2003. Oral presentation “Non alcoholic Steatohepatitis”
- New South Wales Registrars paper day, 2002. Oral presentation NASH In the laparoscopic cholecystectomy Group”.
- Robotic Liver Surgery Course/Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennslyvania USA, 2013
- Definitive surgical trauma care course, RACS Melbourne 2004
- Anatomy Dissection course, University of Sydney 2000
Conjoint associate lecturer, University of New south Wales appointed Jan 2008. Duties include delivery of formal lectures to year 5 and 6 medical students as well as small group tutorials.
Award from Canberra clinical school in 2003 for outstanding contribution to Medical student teaching, University of Sydney.